Here at Indie and Harper we are passionate about protecting the world we live in, so that future generations will get the opportunity to experience the beauty of nature just as we have.
We are always looking at ways in which we can be sustainable, from our packaging to our warehouse, we find new ways every day!
We want to share with you the practices within our HQ that we follow to contribute to a more sustainable future.
i and h HQ
Here at i and h HQ we have implemented some sustainability initiatives to make sure our Sustainability goals are met and maintained. These initiatives are:
- 100% recycled toilet paper, paper towels and tissues from Who Gives a Crap. Who Gives a Crap provide 100% Plastic free products where 50% of profits are donated to help build toilets for those in need.
- Bench top Urban Composter for all food scraps. We accelerate the composting process with a vegan citrus-based spray with effective micro-organisms. The liquid can be used as a drain cleaner or, diluted, it is great for our plants around the office. The food scraps are put into an outdoor compost.
- TerraCycle Recycling Bins for Beauty Products, so our staff can bring in their empty and clean beauty products from home to recycle the plastic packaging.
- TerraCycle Break Room Box where snack wrappers, coffee pods and plastic cutlery are recycled separately.
- Reusable coffee capsule for our freshly ground coffee.
- For our pod drinkers we have a Nespresso recycling bin where our staff bring used coffee pods from home, friends or family that are recycled by the Nespresso Recycling Program. This program gives the capsules a second life.
- Wrapping our left overs in Wrappa Vegan Organic Cotton Wraps. These wraps are plant based and made using 100% GOTS Certified Organic cotton, two plant waxes (candelilla and soy), tree resin and jojoba oil.
- Ecostore Dish Liquid; a plant based, dishwash liquid that is pH balanced and kinder to our skin and the environment. The bottle is made out of renewable sugar cane plastic which is 100% recyclable (helping to reduce our carbon footprint).
- Bio Bag Compostable Bin Liners for our General Waste Bin.
- We print on 100% Recycled white copy paper and print double sided to avoid unnecessary paper wastage.
- Turning off all power outlets at night to avoid electricity wastage.
We are always happy to look into more ideas and ways we can implement sustainability into our HQ so please don't hesitate to contact us if you have further ideas.
From the outside of the box, to the logo on the back and even the glue, our gorgeous Indie and Harper boxes that all your special jewels are sent out in are made out of 100% recycled materials!
The boxes themselves are made out of recycled grey board and Natural Kraft paper. The inner grey board is made of recycled pulp from the waste paper, which is not the original pulp from wood. This is the same for the Natural Kraft paper with both being able to be broken down and recycled.
The glue used to bind the box together is also environmentally friendly with an adhesive that is created by prolonged boiling of connective tissue.
Within the inside of the box we have recyclable and environmentally friendly materials that protect your jewels from any harm!
Australia Post Shipping
We partner with Australia Post to ship our orders. Australia Post provides carbon neutral delivery within Australia. In addition, Australia Post satchels can be posted back to them for recycling: check the satchels for details.